WTB: MKIII Driver side e/w switch   2014-10-06 15:28:00 <Jonathan Walker>
If anyone out there has one in good mechanical condition please let me know.

Jonathan

Re: WTB: MKIII Driver side e/w switch   2014-10-06 18:10:00 <Suzy W>
Just fix it?

Or send to me and I'll fix it :p

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Jonathan Walker <jonolith@orcon.net.nz>
wrote:

> If anyone out there has one in good mechanical condition please let me
> know.
>
> Jonathan

Re: WTB: MKIII Driver side e/w switch   2014-10-09 09:50:00 <Jonathan Walker>
I've had a close look at it, it can't be fixed in any way that will last. Love plastic. Electrically it's perfect and it operates fine, but I hate it and I want another one. Lol. I'm a perfectionist....

Why do some do auto up and some don't? Was that a safety standard thing for NZ market cars?
If anyone out there has one in good mechanical condition please let me know.

Jonathan

Re: WTB: MKIII Driver side e/w switch   2014-10-09 13:37:00 <Suzy W>
oh is it just the surround? I can do something there, send me a pic of
whats wrong/needs replacing.

and as far as I'm aware all supras had auto up (mk3 at least) though I
can't say I looked at aussie new chassis but I presume they're the same.

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Jonathan Walker <jonolith@orcon.net.nz>
wrote:

> I've had a close look at it, it can't be fixed in any way that will
> last. Love plastic. Electrically it's perfect and it operates fine, but I
> hate it and I want another one. Lol. I'm a perfectionist....
>
> Why do some do auto up and some don't? Was that a safety standard thing
> for NZ market cars?

Re: WTB: MKIII Driver side e/w switch   2014-10-09 13:56:00 <Jonathan Walker>
It's the pin that forms the fulcrum of the rocker for the drivers switch assy. The plastic retainer has sheared right off at the midpoint. I'll send you a pic, but it's pretty buggered. There must be one lying in garage land out there ;)

Every MKIII I've seen has auto up - but I've only seen one NZ new one (mine) and it has been deliberately prevented from "auto upping" by way of a factory moulded plastic stopper behind the switch rocker....odd.

If anyone out there has one in good mechanical condition please let me know.

Jonathan

Re: WTB: MKIII Driver side e/w switch   2014-10-09 14:08:00 <aj hunter>
?? My Mk3 has a manual "up" switch. (1989)

AJ Hunter
Graphic Designer

027 201 9738

Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/ Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger http://www.turbo.co.nz

>>>--
>>>Cheers
>>>
>>>Suze
>>>7M POWAH! ;)
>>>www.supra.co.nz
>>>---
>>>Checked
by AVG - www.avg.com
4031/8334 - Release Date: 10/06/14

>>---
Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.supras.org.nz/ Website sponsored by Alltech Diesel & Turbocharger http://www.turbo.co.nz

>--
>Cheers
>
>Suze
>7M POWAH! ;)
>www.supra.co.nz
>No virus found in this message.
Database: 4031/8347 - Release Date: 10/08/14

Re: WTB: MKIII Driver side e/w switch   2014-10-09 14:49:00 <Suzy W>
I'm sure we can flick you a drivers switch assembly, I'll dig around :)

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Jonathan Walker <jonolith@orcon.net.nz>
wrote:

> It's the pin that forms the fulcrum of the rocker for the drivers switch
> assy. The plastic retainer has sheared right off at the midpoint. I'll send
> you a pic, but it's pretty buggered. There must be one lying in garage land
> out there ;)
>
> Every MKIII I've seen has auto up - but I've only seen one NZ new one
> (mine) and it has been deliberately prevented from "auto upping" by way of
> a factory moulded plastic stopper behind the switch rocker....odd.

Re: WTB: MKIII Driver side e/w switch   2014-10-09 14:49:00 <Jonathan Walker>
It's hard to explain. The outer part of the switch that normally you would press and release, that pops out when the window reaches either fully up, or fully down, only goes in the down direction on mine. If you want the driver window fully up, you have to hold the centre part of the switch to on, until it's up. You can't just press the outer part of the switch and let the window do it all like on most cars. This is only the second car I've ever seen that has a switch like this. I rented a 2013 Kia Cerato (lol) in Australia and it was the same.

If anyone out there has one in good mechanical condition please let me know.

Jonathan

Re: WTB: MKIII Driver side e/w switch   2014-10-10 18:57:00 <Suzy W>
I'm thinking your switches are drunk!

I'ma yank mine outta the car too coz I gotta clean the contacts, blardy
passenger side doesn't like staying working :p, I'll send you the 2 spare
ones I've got and you can make a good one out of em.