7M GTE EFI pulsation damper   2015-02-15 13:49:00 <Jonathan Walker>
Hey guys,

I was inspecting my 7M after an oil service today, and while tracing a small oil leak I came across the pulsation damper.

In the top of the pulsation damper, there is a screw.

Is this an adjustment screw or an assembly screw? I've notice that mines sticking out by about 1.5 mil. Nothing in the TSRM about it that I can find other than to remove is or the 7M GE union bolt when servicing EFI.

Lots of stuff on the net for and against this screw being some kind of adjustment, but I can't think of any reason you'd want to adjust a fairly simple piece of kit. If it were an adjustment, I'd expect to see some kind of retention/protection for it but there is none and it's quite easy to turn by hand.

Ideas?

Jonathan

Re: 7M GTE EFI pulsation damper   2015-02-15 14:25:00 <Suzy W>
yeah I think mine was the same, all loose n stuff but I have no idea if it
is an adjustment, I'm sure I have some spares here I can destroy and find
out? LOL

Mine is no longer a factor since using an aeromotive fpr xD