Re: mk II digital dash   2001-08-02 16:12:00 <Shane Plummer [splummer@...>
Supra Club of New Zealand - http://www.econz.co.nz/~supras

Hello Rex

Have you got a V8 !! in you MKII. Some one down there has!

I have been discussing this very problem with a few Supra guys... and the
following conclusions have been made.

The dash was probably designed to display over 180KM. I have a MKIII digital
dash and the LCD's have MPH and the facility for Auto and the "2" 00
reading.

What stops it displaying.. The speed signal comes from the speed cable
terminator box, producing a digital signal which is probably split and sent
to two deferent directions. One to the ECU and the other to the DASH.

The ECU reads the signal ( determines 180 speed cut) .

The dash circuitry must have been either programmed not to display or have
an external restrictor that stops the display over 180KM.

To fix that.. would take an engineer.... and I know there is only two dash
boar repairers in Auckland.. If you can contact a know-it-all repair guy who
can confirm if it can be fixed.. please post the solution.

180 kph (I have heard the the euro dashes have to by law!?)

Hummm , probably analogue dash boards

Regards

Shane