Re: 7M: Half or Full balanced crank?   2001-08-02 16:20:00 <tony@...>

Hi Guys,

When I took the sump off my 7M-GTE to put the 5M sump on so it would fit in my
MKII I found a full set of balance weights too. I noticed them because they
got in the way of some of the work that I had to do, such as drilling a new
dip
stick hole. No way did it only have counter weights on every second journal.

As far as I know the bottom end of my motor is stock and it is not a
particularly late one (1988 plug leads).