Re: 7M: Half or Full balanced crank?   2001-08-02 16:20:00 <tony@...>

> A half-balanced crank will have 8 balance weights (one per piston and two
> 'spare' ;), a fully balanced crank has two per piston, and they are
> symetrical (ie: one each side of the conrod journal, but in the same
> place).
>
> Stuart.

Agreed. Only you did not make it quite clear, the balance weights are opposite
the crank throw and make for a very tight configuration.

Most unlike the Ford 105E cranks which looked like a bit of bent pipe with no
balance weights at all but could rev like hell (for their time). A very short
stroke heped a lot.