RE: Needs vs wants   2001-08-02 16:24:00 <tony@...>

Another option would be to do away with the AFM altogether and use a Link or
similar for fuel management only. That way you keep stock ignition system,
knock retard etc and are able to tailor the fuel map to injectors and boost.
During the past weekend I ran a Link and a stock Toyota ECU together on a
7M-GTE with no apparent problems. The cam position sensor seems to drive the
two systems in parallel OK.

Link ECU costs about $1000. How does that compare with a Lexus AFM?