Lyris - Email Marketing Software
Current forum: sconz |
You are: not logged in
messages search conference my_account my_forums all_forums about help
Create New Message
Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-19 20:27:00 <Marc Archbold>
Yesterday a lower than life scumbag smashed-and-grabbed my Valentine One
from my car parked outside the office in the Amuri Park complex Christchurch
- at 5.30pm while I was working.

They did not take the cords/cig lighter and kindly left my wallet and a
rather expensive DLT drive sitting in the front of the car. How kind of
it/them.

The serial number of the detector is: 0243230615 - the new 'slim' model.

I dont expect the police to be of ANY help, and their arrogance towards the
event is another story. If anyone is offered a V1, please check it out.
The crim probably wont realise that the serial number is etched into the
printed circuit board and also appears on the radar waveguide, so if anyone
is offered a cheap V1 please check it out and contact either myself or the
police if discovered.....


Cheers,
Marc



Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-19 20:33:00 <Marc Archbold>
I forgot to add: Avoid State insurance at all cost.




> Yesterday a lower than life scumbag smashed-and-grabbed my Valentine One
> from my car parked outside the office in the Amuri Park complex
Christchurch
> - at 5.30pm while I was working.
>
> They did not take the cords/cig lighter and kindly left my wallet and a
> rather expensive DLT drive sitting in the front of the car. How kind of
> it/them.
>
> The serial number of the detector is: 0243230615 - the new 'slim' model.
>
> I dont expect the police to be of ANY help, and their arrogance towards
the
> event is another story. If anyone is offered a V1, please check it out.
> The crim probably wont realise that the serial number is etched into the
> printed circuit board and also appears on the radar waveguide, so if
anyone
> is offered a cheap V1 please check it out and contact either myself or the
> police if discovered.....
>
>
> Cheers,
> Marc
>
>
>
>
> ---
> Supra Club of New Zealand
> http://www.supras.org.nz/
>

Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-19 21:39:00 <sarchet>
Marc,
call in and advise Scotty Moore at Craigs Car Audio (Valentine
Agent) just in case they try and buy the cord etc from them.
Lindsay.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Archbold <marc.a@paradise.net.nz>
To: Supra Club of NZ Mailing List <sconz@supras.org.nz>
Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2002 20:30
Subject: [sconz] Stolen Valentine One


>Yesterday a lower than life scumbag smashed-and-grabbed my Valentine One
>from my car parked outside the office in the Amuri Park complex
Christchurch
>- at 5.30pm while I was working.
>
>They did not take the cords/cig lighter and kindly left my wallet and a
>rather expensive DLT drive sitting in the front of the car. How kind of
>it/them.
>
>The serial number of the detector is: 0243230615 - the new 'slim' model.
>
>I dont expect the police to be of ANY help, and their arrogance towards the
>event is another story. If anyone is offered a V1, please check it out.
>The crim probably wont realise that the serial number is etched into the
>printed circuit board and also appears on the radar waveguide, so if anyone
>is offered a cheap V1 please check it out and contact either myself or the
>police if discovered.....
>
>
>Cheers,
>Marc
>
>
>
>
>---
>Supra Club of New Zealand
>http://www.supras.org.nz/

Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-19 22:38:00 <TRIPLE M>
I always do!!!!! But that's another story... or two... or three...

Murray

At 08:35 PM 19/06/2002 +1200, you wrote:

>I forgot to add: Avoid State insurance at all cost.
>
>
>
>
> > Yesterday a lower than life scumbag smashed-and-grabbed my Valentine One
> > from my car parked outside the office in the Amuri Park complex
>Christchurch
> > - at 5.30pm while I was working.
> >
> > They did not take the cords/cig lighter and kindly left my wallet and a
> > rather expensive DLT drive sitting in the front of the car. How kind of
> > it/them.
> >
> > The serial number of the detector is: 0243230615 - the new 'slim' model.
> >
> > I dont expect the police to be of ANY help, and their arrogance towards
>the
> > event is another story. If anyone is offered a V1, please check it out.
> > The crim probably wont realise that the serial number is etched into the
> > printed circuit board and also appears on the radar waveguide, so if
>anyone
> > is offered a cheap V1 please check it out and contact either myself or the
> > police if discovered.....
> >
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Marc
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ---
> > Supra Club of New Zealand
> > http://www.supras.org.nz/
> >
>
>
>---
>Supra Club of New Zealand
>http://www.supras.org.nz/
>
>
>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
>Version: 6.0.371 / Virus Database: 206 - Release Date: 13/06/2002


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.371 / Virus Database: 206 - Release Date: 13/06/2002

Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-20 01:44:00 <Stuart W>
On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:43, you wrote:
> Marc,
> call in and advise Scotty Moore at Craigs Car Audio (Valentine
> Agent) just in case they try and buy the cord etc from them.
> Lindsay.

Actually they won't be - there are no valentine agents (although there are a
few $#@!$%# who claim to be). Valentine One *ONLY* sell direct, there are a
few places that purchase from them and then re-sell (usually at a MASSIVE
mark up), claiming to be an agent.

to quote their web site:

I live in Los Angeles. I can't find V1 in any local electronics store.
- D.B., California


We sell directly to our customers only. We've never used dealers or
distributors, and we have no plans to start now.

Valentine One is a uniquely conceived, high technology, security device for
customers who expect top performance; we know exactly how it works and we
have experts at 1-800 331 3030 who can answer all your questions and assure
your satisfaction. Dealers who sell multiple products rarely have the same
motivation.

Occasionally a few entrepreneurs act as if they're dealers or distributors.
They're not; they pay the same list prices we ask of all comers.


I live outside the U.S. How can I order a V1?
- V.L., Belgium

We accept orders that have a ship-to address in the U.S. or the AB, BC, or SK
provinces of Canada. No exceptions. We hope some day to serve customers
worldwide, but for the foreseeable future we simply can't.

Here's why. There's no fast, affordable, and problem-free delivery method to
other addresses that can deal with Customs and assure your satisfaction. If
you have a friend in the U.S. or AB, BC, or SK provinces of Canada, we can
ship to your designated intermediary.

Stuart W.
Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-20 07:46:00 <Marc Archbold>
Stuart - correct. There can be a real problem if warranty service is
required, because the warranty is held by the original purchaser. I brought
mine thru an intermediary (sister) in the States.... also you notice that
the NZ resellers attempt to create doubt in buying a V1 from the US claiming
that the NZ models are different!

That said there are unofficial 'Resellers' such as CCA, and the Crim will
have to get the accessories to operate it. Thanks for your help Lindsay - I
will call him this morning.

BTW - The new model is an awesome detector. Its much improved Third
harmonic falsing from other detector's local oscillator's and increased
sensitivity over the previous models (and any other radar detector IMHO)
made it brilliant. Frequently, I had too much warning time :-)

- Marc


On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:43, you wrote:
> Marc,
> call in and advise Scotty Moore at Craigs Car Audio (Valentine
> Agent) just in case they try and buy the cord etc from them.
> Lindsay.

Actually they won't be - there are no valentine agents (although there are a
few $#@!$%# who claim to be). Valentine One *ONLY* sell direct, there are a
few places that purchase from them and then re-sell (usually at a MASSIVE
mark up), claiming to be an agent.

to quote their web site:

I live in Los Angeles. I can't find V1 in any local electronics store.
- D.B., California


We sell directly to our customers only. We've never used dealers or
distributors, and we have no plans to start now.

Valentine One is a uniquely conceived, high technology, security device for
customers who expect top performance; we know exactly how it works and we
have experts at 1-800 331 3030 who can answer all your questions and assure
your satisfaction. Dealers who sell multiple products rarely have the same
motivation.

Occasionally a few entrepreneurs act as if they're dealers or distributors.
They're not; they pay the same list prices we ask of all comers.


I live outside the U.S. How can I order a V1?
- V.L., Belgium

We accept orders that have a ship-to address in the U.S. or the AB, BC, or
SK
provinces of Canada. No exceptions. We hope some day to serve customers
worldwide, but for the foreseeable future we simply can't.

Here's why. There's no fast, affordable, and problem-free delivery method to
other addresses that can deal with Customs and assure your satisfaction. If
you have a friend in the U.S. or AB, BC, or SK provinces of Canada, we can
ship to your designated intermediary.

Stuart W.

---
Supra Club of New Zealand
http://www.supras.org.nz/


Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-20 09:02:00 <Doig, Richard>
Throw an ad in your local free to advertise Trade and Exchange wanting a
Valentine One. Worth a try.

There was a report in the paper how someone had a Mac laptop nicked, they
advertised wanting one and shock horror, someone wanted to sell their
stolen one back to them.

>I forgot to add: Avoid State insurance at all cost.

I could have told you that!

Richard
Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-20 09:12:00 <Robbi Wright>
so then, if someone wanted to purchase a V1, then what would be the method
and how much coin did it set you back Marc?

that really sucks marc, soon it will get to the stage where you have to take
your stereo face, radar detector, turbo timer, boost gauge blah blah blah
out of the car when you leave it...did you have an alarm?

Robbi


Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-20 11:56:00 <marc.a@...>
Thanks Richard.... worth a try.

BTW I have cancelled my State Policy. Tower *will* cover the V1 for any
vehicle under a contents policy so I have changed....

Cheers,
Marc

> Throw an ad in your local free to advertise Trade and Exchange wanting
> a
> Valentine One. Worth a try.
>
> There was a report in the paper how someone had a Mac laptop nicked,
> they
> advertised wanting one and shock horror, someone wanted to sell their
> stolen one back to them.
>
> >I forgot to add: Avoid State insurance at all cost.
>
> I could have told you that!
>
> Richard
>
> ---
> Supra Club of New Zealand
> http://www.supras.org.nz/
>
Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-20 18:26:00 <Marc Archbold>


> so then, if someone wanted to purchase a V1, then what would be the method
> and how much coin did it set you back Marc?

Order it Via www.valentine1.com shipping address to a friend/family in the
USA. Have that person send it on. Save $700NZ
It cost me ~$950 including all freight charges (Global Express insured
2-3days from US) At the moment you'd be looking at ~$840.....


>
> that really sucks marc, soon it will get to the stage where you have to
take
> your stereo face, radar detector, turbo timer, boost gauge blah blah blah
> out of the car when you leave it...did you have an alarm?

Nope, only a nice flashing LED provided by the coded stereo. Its a company
Vehicle.

I found out today 4 others have had their detectors stolen within the last 3
months from inside Amuri Park.

Not-so-cheery,
Marc

Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-26 17:02:00 <Grant Brunton>
> Order it Via www.valentine1.com shipping address to a friend/family in the
> USA. Have that person send it on. Save $700NZ
> It cost me ~$950 including all freight charges (Global Express insured
> 2-3days from US) At the moment you'd be looking at ~$840.....
>

I don't know anybody over in the states would be interested in being a
liason?

Is it really better than anything you can buy in NZ?

Cheers
Grant
Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-26 17:40:00 <Cully Paterson>


> > Order it Via www.valentine1.com shipping address to a

> Is it really better than anything you can buy in NZ?

It is THE best in the world, end of story.


Cully

Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-26 17:59:00 <marc.a@...>


>
> > Is it really better than anything you can buy in NZ?
>
> It is THE best in the world, end of story.
>
>
> Cully
>

Absolutely!
IMHO any other (read unid..) detector will only alert you to receiving a
ticket, if alert at all.

Cheers,
Marc
Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-26 18:40:00 <Keith Newton>
Hi all,

I am not sure about this to much as I don't have one, have considered it
however... When I did my research I found that there is a NZ version of
the Valentine 1, if you check out this page
http://www.radar.co.nz/nz/nzV1spec.html this is group who test radar
detectors to see how they operate against the equipment used by the NZ
police... They seem to be quiet above board from what I have read maybe
just have a surf around there site... I have heard mixed things about
the nz versions just being a hoax while others are convinced so I have
found it hard to come to a concise point of view of my own...

Hope this helps anyhow...

Cheers, Keif

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Cully Paterson [mailto:Cully.Paterson@uniquest.ac]
> Sent: Wednesday, 26 June 2002 5:39 p.m.
> To: Supra Club of NZ Mailing List
> Subject: [sconz] Re: Stolen Valentine One
>
>
>
>
> > > Order it Via www.valentine1.com shipping address to a
>
> > Is it really better than anything you can buy in NZ?
>
> It is THE best in the world, end of story.
>
>
> Cully
>
>
> ---
> Supra Club of New Zealand
> http://www.supras.org.nz/
>
Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-26 19:14:00 <Stuart W>
On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:52, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am not sure about this to much as I don't have one, have considered it
> however... When I did my research I found that there is a NZ version of
> the Valentine 1, if you check out this page
> http://www.radar.co.nz/nz/nzV1spec.html this is group who test radar
> detectors to see how they operate against the equipment used by the NZ
> police... They seem to be quiet above board from what I have read maybe
> just have a surf around there site... I have heard mixed things about
> the nz versions just being a hoax while others are convinced so I have
> found it hard to come to a concise point of view of my own...

or to look at it another way..

1 - the company that makes valentine one REFUSE to sell overseas or through
dealers, refer to their web site, they are very specific, to the point of
saying that there are NO dealers.

2 - this company (www.radar.co.nz) SELLS radar detectors, and claims to be a
v1 dealer, Hmmmm..... (note they sell as clearway in NZ).

NZ does *NOT* use any different X K or Ka bands than anywhere else in the
world (specifically, the US).
.
more a case for fair go than anything else.

Stuart W.
Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-26 19:43:00 <J Walker>
here's an easy way to tell if there IS such thing as an NZ spec V1, or at least a RHD V1. My "mentor" in the US has a v1 in his stealth, the lights point towards the driver (i.e they are on the left front corner of the detector), any model claiming to be an NZ model, if it WERE an NZ model, would have the lights etc on the right hand side...food for thought..unless they'd expect you to fork out for one of their remote display things...
Jonathan
----- Original Message -----
From: Stuart W
To: Supra Club of NZ Mailing List
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 7:14 PM
Subject: [sconz] Re: Stolen Valentine One


On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:52, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am not sure about this to much as I don't have one, have considered it
> however... When I did my research I found that there is a NZ version of
> the Valentine 1, if you check out this page
> http://www.radar.co.nz/nz/nzV1spec.html this is group who test radar
> detectors to see how they operate against the equipment used by the NZ
> police... They seem to be quiet above board from what I have read maybe
> just have a surf around there site... I have heard mixed things about
> the nz versions just being a hoax while others are convinced so I have
> found it hard to come to a concise point of view of my own...

or to look at it another way..

1 - the company that makes valentine one REFUSE to sell overseas or through
dealers, refer to their web site, they are very specific, to the point of
saying that there are NO dealers.

2 - this company (www.radar.co.nz) SELLS radar detectors, and claims to be a
v1 dealer, Hmmmm..... (note they sell as clearway in NZ).

NZ does *NOT* use any different X K or Ka bands than anywhere else in the
world (specifically, the US).
.
more a case for fair go than anything else.

Stuart W.

---
Supra Club of New Zealand
http://www.supras.org.nz/


(html version)
Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-26 22:43:00 <Keith Newton>
Hey now that's a really interesting thought... That was one thing I had
thought about, not like that... I had just considered that it was nice
how there was some small concern for ergonomics... However useless to us
ergonomics :-)

The main diffirence that I thought might exist in NZ is calibration to
the exact equipment used by the police from here... From the very small
amount I have read people try to indicate that the units used by the
police in the US emit a much more powerfull signal that here in NZ and
in AUS. So the general implication is that units designed for the US
market tend to not pick up the signal till it's to late..

Cheers, Keif

-----Original Message-----
From: J Walker [mailto:supragt@ihug.co.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, 26 June 2002 7:44 p.m.
To: Supra Club of NZ Mailing List
Subject: [sconz] Re: Stolen Valentine One


here's an easy way to tell if there IS such thing as an NZ spec
V1, or at least a RHD V1. My "mentor" in the US has a v1 in his stealth,
the lights point towards the driver (i.e they are on the left front
corner of the detector), any model claiming to be an NZ model, if it
WERE an NZ model, would have the lights etc on the right hand
side...food for thought..unless they'd expect you to fork out for one of
their remote display things...
Jonathan

----- Original Message -----
From: Stuart W <mailto:stuartw@kcbbs.gen.nz>
To: Supra Club of NZ Mailing List
<mailto:sconz@supras.org.nz>
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 7:14 PM
Subject: [sconz] Re: Stolen Valentine One

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:52, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am not sure about this to much as I don't have one,
have considered it
> however... When I did my research I found that there
is a NZ version of
> the Valentine 1, if you check out this page
> http://www.radar.co.nz/nz/nzV1spec.html this is group
who test radar
> detectors to see how they operate against the
equipment used by the NZ
> police... They seem to be quiet above board from what
I have read maybe
> just have a surf around there site... I have heard
mixed things about
> the nz versions just being a hoax while others are
convinced so I have
> found it hard to come to a concise point of view of my
own...

or to look at it another way..

1 - the company that makes valentine one REFUSE to sell
overseas or through
dealers, refer to their web site, they are very
specific, to the point of
saying that there are NO dealers.

2 - this company (www.radar.co.nz) SELLS radar
detectors, and claims to be a
v1 dealer, Hmmmm..... (note they sell as clearway in
NZ).

NZ does *NOT* use any different X K or Ka bands than
anywhere else in the
world (specifically, the US).
.
more a case for fair go than anything else.

Stuart W.

---
Supra Club of New Zealand
http://www.supras.org.nz/


---
Supra Club of New Zealand
http://www.supras.org.nz/


(html version)
Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-26 23:05:00 <kevin_davis@...>
Wootons Auto Accessories are sellin 'em now, about $1700! I think. There's a pic in there latest advertising mailer, could look at that to see if it is 'RHD spec' although picture probably originated in States anyway.

>
> From: "Keith Newton"
> Date: 2002/06/26 Wed PM 10:54:39 GMT+12:00
> To: "Supra Club of NZ Mailing List"
> Subject: [sconz] Re: Stolen Valentine One
>
> Hey now that's a really interesting thought... That was one thing I had
> thought about, not like that... I had just considered that it was nice
> how there was some small concern for ergonomics... However useless to us
> ergonomics :-)
>
> The main diffirence that I thought might exist in NZ is calibration to
> the exact equipment used by the police from here... From the very small
> amount I have read people try to indicate that the units used by the
> police in the US emit a much more powerfull signal that here in NZ and
> in AUS. So the general implication is that units designed for the US
> market tend to not pick up the signal till it's to late..
>
> Cheers, Keif
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: J Walker [mailto:supragt@ihug.co.nz]
> Sent: Wednesday, 26 June 2002 7:44 p.m.
> To: Supra Club of NZ Mailing List
> Subject: [sconz] Re: Stolen Valentine One
>
>
> here's an easy way to tell if there IS such thing as an NZ spec
> V1, or at least a RHD V1. My "mentor" in the US has a v1 in his stealth,
> the lights point towards the driver (i.e they are on the left front
> corner of the detector), any model claiming to be an NZ model, if it
> WERE an NZ model, would have the lights etc on the right hand
> side...food for thought..unless they'd expect you to fork out for one of
> their remote display things...
> Jonathan
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Stuart W
> To: Supra Club of NZ Mailing List
>
> Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 7:14 PM
> Subject: [sconz] Re: Stolen Valentine One
>
> On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:52, you wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am not sure about this to much as I don't have one,
> have considered it
> > however... When I did my research I found that there
> is a NZ version of
> > the Valentine 1, if you check out this page
> > http://www.radar.co.nz/nz/nzV1spec.html this is group
> who test radar
> > detectors to see how they operate against the
> equipment used by the NZ
> > police... They seem to be quiet above board from what
> I have read maybe
> > just have a surf around there site... I have heard
> mixed things about
> > the nz versions just being a hoax while others are
> convinced so I have
> > found it hard to come to a concise point of view of my
> own...
>
> or to look at it another way..
>
> 1 - the company that makes valentine one REFUSE to sell
> overseas or through
> dealers, refer to their web site, they are very
> specific, to the point of
> saying that there are NO dealers.
>
> 2 - this company (www.radar.co.nz) SELLS radar
> detectors, and claims to be a
> v1 dealer, Hmmmm..... (note they sell as clearway in
> NZ).
>
> NZ does *NOT* use any different X K or Ka bands than
> anywhere else in the
> world (specifically, the US).
> .
> more a case for fair go than anything else.
>
> Stuart W.
>
> ---
> Supra Club of New Zealand
> http://www.supras.org.nz/
>
>
> ---
> Supra Club of New Zealand
> http://www.supras.org.nz/
>
>
>
> ---
> Supra Club of New Zealand
> http://www.supras.org.nz/
>
>

Message

Hey now that's a really interesting thought... That was one thing I had thought about, not like that... I had just considered that it was nice how there was some small concern for ergonomics... However useless to us ergonomics :-)
 
The main diffirence that I thought might exist in NZ is calibration to the exact equipment used by the police from here... From the very small amount I have read people try to indicate that the units used by the police in the US emit a much more powerfull signal that here in NZ and in AUS. So the general implication is that units designed for the US market tend to not pick up the signal till it's to late..
 
Cheers, Keif
-----Original Message-----
From: J Walker [mailto:supragt@ihug.co.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, 26 June 2002 7:44 p.m.
To: Supra Club of NZ Mailing List
Subject: [sconz] Re: Stolen Valentine One

here's an easy way to tell if there IS such thing as an NZ spec V1, or at least a RHD V1. My "mentor" in the US has a v1 in his stealth, the lights point towards the driver (i.e they are on the left front corner of the detector), any model claiming to be an NZ model, if it WERE an NZ model, would have the lights etc on the right hand side...food for thought..unless they'd expect you to fork out for one of their remote display things...
Jonathan
----- Original Message -----
From: Stuart W
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 7:14 PM
Subject: [sconz] Re: Stolen Valentine One

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 06:52, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am not sure about this to much as I don't have one, have considered it
> however... When I did my research I found that there is a NZ version of
> the Valentine 1, if you check out this page
> http://www.radar.co.nz/nz/nzV1spec.html this is group who test radar
> detectors to see how they operate against the equipment used by the NZ
> police... They seem to be quiet above board from what I have read maybe
> just have a surf around there site... I have heard mixed things about
> the nz versions just being a hoax while others are convinced so I have
> found it hard to come to a concise point of view of my own...

or to look at it another way..

1 - the company that makes valentine one REFUSE to sell overseas or through
dealers, refer to their web site, they are very specific, to the point of
saying that there are NO dealers.

2 - this company (www.radar.co.nz) SELLS radar detectors, and claims to be a
v1 dealer, Hmmmm..... (note they sell as clearway in NZ).

NZ does *NOT* use any different X K or Ka bands than anywhere else in the
world (specifically, the US).
.
more a case for fair go than anything else.

Stuart W.

---
Supra Club of New Zealand
http://www.supras.org.nz/
---
Supra Club of New Zealand
http://www.supras.org.nz/
---
Supra Club of New Zealand
http://www.supras.org.nz/

Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-27 00:53:00 <marc.a@...>
> > however... When I did my research I found that there is a NZ version
> of
> > the Valentine 1, if you check out this page

No such thing as NZ Valentine 1 (VLT1NZ or whatever crap they claim) they
simply onsell cost+margin, and program OUT X band which is easily done -
instructions can be found here: http://www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp

I have even heard crazy claims from these 'distributors' that option 6 - Guard
OFF improves Ka detection. Option 6 set off will drive you crazy due to LO
third harmonic from other radar detectors.

>>... I have heard mixed things about
> > the nz versions just being a hoax while others are convinced so I

HOAX!

>
> NZ does *NOT* use any different X K or Ka bands than anywhere else in
> the
> world (specifically, the US).
> .
> more a case for fair go than anything else.

Exactly. The V1 essentially is a receiver - it is sweeping through these FCC
designated 'radio frequencies' looking for a carrier/signal. NZ radar operates
within these frequencies, why would the V1 need modification?

>
> Stuart W.
>

Cheers,
Marc
Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-27 01:20:00 <marc.a@...>
> Hey now that's a really interesting thought... That was one thing I had
> thought about, not like that... I had just considered that it was nice
> how there was some small concern for ergonomics... However useless to
> us
> ergonomics :-)

Easy - buy the V1 remote display option.

> The main diffirence that I thought might exist in NZ is calibration to
> the exact equipment used by the police from here... From the very small
> amount I have read people try to indicate that the units used by the

Nope, calibration has nothing to do with it. Neither does the Radar source.
We have one of the LOWEST power radar units in use - the PR100 (Ka)
speedcamera. The V1, purchased from the US, does a fine job detecting the
PR100.

> police in the US emit a much more powerfull signal that here in NZ and
> in AUS. So the general implication is that units designed for the US
> market tend to not pick up the signal till it's to late..


Now we are talking Receiver sensitivity.
The V1 is an *extremely* sensitive receiver across its multiple bandwidths, so
it works fine. The only problem is when the radar unit is off :-)

The reason such statements are made about *some* US detectors (and NZ for that
matter!)having poor 'detection range' (uggh I dislike that analogy)is that they
have crap sensitivity so the 'detection range' is poor (among other design
flaws such as poor selectivity, image rejection/suppression.)


Cheers,
Marc

> Cheers, Keif
Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-27 01:25:00 <marc.a@...>

> Wootons Auto Accessories are sellin 'em now, about $1700! I think.
> There's a pic in there latest advertising mailer, could look at that to
> see if it is 'RHD spec' although picture probably originated in States

You're kidding - right? :-)

There is no NZ V1. Period.
Reply

Re: Stolen Valentine One   2002-06-27 22:41:00 <kevin_davis@...>
No shit, but I'm not sayin it's altered for NZ, just that I read some junk mail including an ad from Wootons with a picture advertising the V1. P.S. the picture looked like it was designed more for LHD cars(lights on left of unit). Personally I don't care because I couldn't justify the price considering the relative cost of speeding fines vs. V1, Cops using 'instant on' lasers and being too paranoid too go hard on the street (Must be getting older n showing signs of responsability)
Just my 2c.
Kevin
>
> From: marc.a@paradise.net.nz
> Date: 2002/06/27 Thu AM 01:24:22 GMT+12:00
> To: "Supra Club of NZ Mailing List" <sconz@supras.org.nz>
> Subject: [sconz] Re: Stolen Valentine One
>
>
> > Wootons Auto Accessories are sellin 'em now, about $1700! I think.
> > There's a pic in there latest advertising mailer, could look at that to
> > see if it is 'RHD spec' although picture probably originated in States
>
> You're kidding - right? :-)
>
> There is no NZ V1. Period.
>
> ---
> Supra Club of New Zealand
> http://www.supras.org.nz/
>

Reply























































Lyris - Email Marketing Software