Re: Crossmember   2001-08-02 16:29:00 <tony@...>

> Supra Club of New Zealand - http://supras.org.nz/
>
> Hi all
>
> I have heard that to swap a 1G with a 7M the "crossmember" is different.
> I don't know what this means. Is it the engine mount? Do is need to weld
> this in place or is it just bolted?

It is different because the engine mounts are spaced differently for a 5/7M and
a 1G. It bolts in and is not hard to change.

Be warned that replacing a 1G with a 7M required an engineers certificate to
get a wof. That is if the wof inspector can tell the difference.

RE: Crossmember   2001-08-02 16:30:00 <Stuart Woolford>

The croosmember is the unit blow the engine (and sump) between the sides of
the engine bay, this is different between different models (and therefore
the sump also changes shape to allow for it), this is quite different from
the engine mounts.

Stuart Woolford, stuartw@kcbbs.gen.nz
Computer Systems Consulting,
Supra Club of New Zealand,