Re: ECT-S   2001-08-02 16:32:00 <tony@...>

> Supra Club of New Zealand - http://supras.org.nz/
>
> The boundaries don't seem much different to where it normally changes,
> in fact the PWR mode hangs on changing up longer (higher revs) than the
> manu mode !
>
> What a shame they don't provide a change up/down switch for full manual
> control. (Ahhh the perfect combination, a very high price for a piece of
> wire)

It can be done, by directly manipulating the signal from the ECT to the Auto
Trans solenoids. There has been some discussion on the supras mailing list
from time to time. I have thought about adding it to the process controller in
my '87T Auto but have not yet had time. And in some ways I hope that I have
done a manual conversion first.