Re: Good vibrations...not.   2001-08-02 16:33:00 <tony@...>

> Supra Club of New Zealand - http://supras.org.nz/
>
> Hi all,
>
> Your guidance is welcome on this one.
>
> For a while I have been hearing a cyclic drone/vibration coming from the back
of my 89 2.0
TT supra when traveling at motorway speed. It's not a rattle but something in
the drive
train I think.

> These things are hard to describe in writing but it sort of sounds like a
quiet "...roomba
roomba roomba..." coming out from the back.

That noise sounds like a wheel bearing. Never experienced it in a Supra but
have heard it in other cars. Best way to test it is to put the back of the car
up on stands and run it while listening outside.